Well, the first two weeks have been wonderful, busy, and eventful. The day we came home from the hospital, Noah had a low grade fever. I was worried that he had some terrible contagious virus that Addie would surely get. A trip to the pediatrician revealed that he had strep throat. He spent the first week of Addie's life at home, feeling miserable, and needing lots of attention from Mommy and Dad. Early during the second week, I woke up with a 101 fever and very sore throat and was diagnosed with strep later that day. Danny followed and started with symptoms the next day. My mom came to the rescue, cooked every meal, changed 99% of the diapers and became lovingly known as the "burping lady." She would bring Addie to me when it was time to feed her, take her when I finished feeding on one side, burp her, change her, and then bring her back for the second breast. Now, that's a good mom! Luckily, Addie never got sick. Turns out that less than 1% of exposed infants actually develop symptoms of strep throat. Thank goodness! My mom left last Saturday....so we started week 3 alone (and sad). So far so good though.
Addie had her 2 week WCC yesterday and is nearly 9 lbs (so she's gaining well with the breast feeding). It's hard to know how much milk breast fed babies are getting so I had no idea what to expect. It's nice to see that she's getting what she needs. Speaking of breast feeding, it really does get easier. It's still not easy, but I'm not cringing at every feeding anymore. Having formula fed Noah exclusively...I can honestly appreciate the benefits of each. However, the immunity benefit of breast feeding is worth the extra struggle (given the 2 year old in day care!).
Noah LOVES Addie. I'm shocked at how interested he is in her. He wants to feed her, change her, and talks to her nonstop (he finishes each conversation by telling me that she isn't talking back). This morning, I fed her at 4:00 am and Noah heard us in her room. He brought in his pillow and blanket and asked if he could stay with us until she finished eating. So sweet.
The company that Danny works for is being hit hard by the declining economy. Please remember us and his co-workers in your prayers. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:
She is soo cute. I love the pics of Noah holding her. Glad you guys are feeling better.
Post a Comment