For weeks, Noah has been telling us that Addie "hits" him. We impatiently remind him that she is a baby and he is the big boy. It seems like we are constantly telling him to be nice to his sister; no pushing or playing rough with her. Having not personally witnessed any of these instances, I considered my son's accusations to be unfounded whining.
Yesterday morning, Addie was playing in the middle of our kitchen with her move and groove table. Noah entered the kitchen from our living room and sat down beside her. He didn't touch her and he didn't say a word-he didn't have a chance. She turned to him and smacked him directly in the face (likely in anticipation of him taking her beloved toy). What a little spitfire. Noah looked at me, as if to say "did you see that mom?" I turned to her and said "No, no Addie." She briefly looked at me, yelled, and then hit him again. I couldn't believe it. That little stinker.
Before I could respond, Danny swooped in and spanked her on the butt and said "No ma'am, Addie. No hitting." At first, I was totally appalled that he would "hit" my baby. But in fairness, he barely touched her. It was his stern voice that upset Addie. She fell on the floor as if he had beaten her, buried her head in her pillow (which goes every where that Addie goes these days), and sobbed. Her face was a wreck, tears and boogers combined into a big, gooey, red, snubbing mess.
Noah, on the other hand, was delighted. His lips curved into a smile that screamed complete satisfaction. She had been caught and spanked. A good day for the big brother.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment