Here we are, three weeks away from Addie's first birthday and for the life of me, I can't believe how fast it went by. It saddens me that her first year of life is the one in which Frank died, Danny lost his job, and I cried as much as I smiled. So, the purpose of this blog posting is to remember some of the good of the last year.
1) Addie. She was born and my life forever changed. I can't think of her without smiling. Her fat little legs, toothless (now toothie) grin, wispy hair (which I am forever sticking a bow in-despite the fact that she doesn't need one), and contagious giggle make my heart swell. How did I ever feel complete without her?
2) Noah. My Noah has become one of the most caring, sweet little boys I have ever met. He is always taking care of everyone else and worried about the feeling of his family and friends. I often ask him "who loves you the most?" and he replies "you mommy, but I love everybody the best."
3) Danny. Danny is the love of my life. He is kind and gentle and wonderfully silly. He wears his heart on his sleeve and even though his heart has been broken, he smiles. The loss of his father and the devastation of his mother, make me so thankful that I still have him.
4) Mom. My mom has swooped in and cared for me as though I were still her small child. Anticipating my needs before I even voiced them. A mother's love for her child is one of the strongest forces known. I have the best mom. She has brought dinner to Dan's mom every week since Frank died. She sits with her and provides the companionship needed....she takes my worry and destroys it. She gives me the gift of peace.
5) Joy. Joy is the kind of sister that everyone should have. She calls and listens when I need to vent. She knows that what I say is not always what I mean. She makes me laugh and cry. She loves my children as if they were her own. She has a special part of my heart reserved just for her.
6) Friendship. I have some of the best girl friends imaginable. Through the last year, each of them have stepped up and provided the type of support that only a girlfriend can. I have too many happy memories to list....dinners, phone calls, hand holding in the hospital (when Addie had the seizure), trips to the movies, shopping, laughing until literally peeing in my pants. I love my girl friends!
7) The beach. Wow. There is something to be said about standing in front of the ocean. It appeals to all of the senses. Standing in the sand, looking out into the ocean-the never ending magnificence of the ocean meeting the sky-it was humbling and reminded me of the power and LOVE of God.
8) Ann Taylor Loft, starbucks, and Gap. My retail therapy. Each manage to bring a smile every time I visit. :)
9) Dave Ramsey. His budgeting system has kept me sane for the last 6 months.
10) Genetic counseling. An odd choice, but definitely one that is rewarding. Every day that I see patients I feel grateful. Grateful for my job, grateful for my children, and grateful for the the opportunity to make a difference.
While there are lots of things that I didn't list, remembering these things has made me smile and that's worth something!
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment