Luckily, I'm one of the two thirds who has an abnormal glucose challenge test and who ultimately "passes" the 3 hour glucose tolerance test. Since I tend to over-react a bit, I had my final meal of carb rich foods last night, preparing for the inevitable diabetic diet. Looks like I had cookies, graham crackers, and ice cream just to further fatten up my chunky baby!
As the weeks pass, Dan and I are getting more excited about the idea of having a baby around again. I often look at Noah's newborn pictures with a little bit of sadness (because he's so big and grown up now) and also with a huge sense of satisfaction (because he's so big and grown up AND we managed to keep him alive and well for 2 whole years!). I anticipate that I'll still be a little neurotic this time, but it's amazing how much less stressed I feel about the idea of having a baby in the house. My mom and Danny dressed Noah for the first week of his life b/c I was certain that I would break his sweet little delicate arms while pushing them through those tiny arm holes.....the lesson that I learned is that babies are so much more resilient than we give them credit for.
The new glider is being delivered soon and I plan to rest in that comfy chair for the duration of my pregnancy. I will, however, upload some pictures of the new nursery very soon!
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
YAY for the normal glucose tolerance levels!!! What a relief. Those results came back quick...mine took a few days. Now just keep enjoying your carbs!
Post a Comment