Today I completed the 3 hour glucose tolerance test, after failing the one hour test last week. About a 1/3 of people end up with a diagnosis of gestational diabetes and the other 2/3's just get totally disgusted by the fasting, drinking orange syrup solution, and then a bunch of blood draws. After completing this process, I have come to the conclusion that pregnancy is hard work. :) This pregnancy has been a little bit harder than I remember with Noah....but likely that's just my mind's way of tricking me so that I can experience the joy of another child. Addie is measuring over 31 weeks now (still tracking about 2 weeks ahead) and although I know there is no direct correlation with her guesstimated size and her true delivery date, I'm anticipating an early delivery. So, my prediction is that she'll arrive sometime during the last 2 weeks of October. Anyone want to make a bet? Since Danny's cousin is getting married at the end of October, she'll probably come right around his wedding date, just to complicate things a bit.
I have been meaning to write this story down........
Noah was being a typical 2 year old, running around and not using his good "listening ears." I pulled him aside and said "Noah, you are driving me nuts." He didn't respond at all, and returned to his previous state of wildness. The next morning, we were getting ready for church and I told Noah he needed to hurry up and put his toys in the basket because we were late. He turned to me, hands on hips, and said "Mommy, you are driving my nuts."
Nice reminder that 2 year olds repeat nearly everything they hear, and not always directly after hearing it!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment