Thursday, September 11, 2008

Daycare blues.....

Noah has been experiencing a lot of transition at daycare. His favorite teacher in the 2's classroom (Ms. Tory) left, the assistant teacher was moved to another room, the new lead teacher worked for a few days, quit, started back a few days later, and now the new assistant teacher has quit after 1 week in the room. Needless to say, there are no familiar faces. Most of you know that our Noah is a bit on the shy side and it takes him a little while to warm up to people. All of this turmoil has worried me lots, but Danny and Noah are taking it well. So, I spent most of yesterday worried about Noah (since he insisted that he didn't want to go to the 2's, and normally he's very excited to get to go to school to play with his friends) and looking forward to the 5:30 pick up. When I arrived at daycare, he was wearing a grey wool hat, white apron, big grin, and a ton of scratches from his eyelid to his nose. Literally looked like a little homeless kid who had been in a nasty fight. :( I asked him what happened to his face and he gave me his best sad face and said, "Courtney did it, mama." Courtney is a new student, one who is much bigger than Noah and outweighs him by a bit. I asked him why she scratched him, and he replied "I don't know."

Here's the funny part, I went into mama bear mode, called Danny, and discussed ways to teach Noah how to protect himself. OMG, how ridiculous!!! If you will all recall, my child spend the better part of his 1-2 years biting his way through the betweenie and toddler rooms!
This morning, I have transitioned out of attack mode and more into "my poor baby" mode. He might just need a little prize. Seriously, wish you could see the grooves in his little nose and eye. Pitiful.

Not much news on the baby front. She's still measuring big and was estimated to weigh around 5 pds 2 oz on Tuesday. Her most recent 3-D pictures were a little better and made me feel like there is a chance she won't have the largest lips and nose of any baby ever born! Nah, she's a cutie, like her brother.

No comments: