Sunday, October 26, 2008

"Baby, baby, you OK?"









Officially-one week to go. It amazes me how exhausting the last few weeks of pregnancy are. I am sleeping less than 4 hours a night, even with Ambien, because of the constant back pain and bathroom trips. Any woman who has had a baby can appreciate the discomfort that I write about, but the end is near and I'm getting really excited about the next phase. The 3-D u/s pictures have done nothing to ease my curiosity about what she is going to look like and I wonder what her personality will be like. Surely, this child will get a few of my genes and won't be another clone of Danny!
As you can see from the pics above (39, 38, 36, 35 weeks), I'm carrying all out front. Danny has insisted on documenting my ever growing belly. Unfortunately, I am having some balance issues due to the added 25 pounds of belly. I missed the top step going to our garage on Wednesday morning and fell down the first flight of stairs. I ended up landing mostly on my butt and back, so no harm done. I spend the first few hours of my day on fetal monitors and then the rest of the day at home in bed. Addie is very resilient and didn't seem bothered in the least by the morning excitement. Noah, on the other hand, was quite worried. He ran down the stairs behind Danny saying "baby, baby, you Ok?" Then he wrapped his entire body around my belly and informed me that I didn't need to wear my red boots (red clogs that Danny insisted were the cause of my fall) and handed me a pair of black flip flops. When Danny picked him up from daycare, every teacher knew about the fall. He told everyone that his mama fell down the stairs and that "baby was OK." He started calling me baby a month or so ago whenever I would complain of any ache or pain....really cute and funny.

Our friends, Courtney and Nate Mills, had their baby a week and a half ago. Thomas Russell (Russ) was born at 34w6d gestation after Courtney's pre-eclampsia worsened. I am thrilled to report that mom and baby are home safe and sound and doing great. Russ is the sweetest little guy and has an entire head full of dark hair. My friend Erin and her husband Chris also welcomed their baby girl home since my last post-Meredith. She is absolutely gorgeous. They are calling her McMuffin-so adorable.

Hope you GC girls are having lots of fun at the meeting!! Miss you!!

No comments: