Noah is not quite as excited as we are about Addie's anticipated arrival. When her room was officially finished, he insisted that it was his room and that Addie didn't have a room in his house. When we explained that her room was pink (for girls) and had an "old bed" in it, he announced that he needed a pink room. Needless to say, it was difficult to get him to sleep in his room that night. The next day, he had a hard day at daycare. He didn't listen well and bit a child (first biting report since moving up to the two room) and pouted most of the day. His teacher finally asked him what was wrong, and he said, "that baby Addie is coming." I had no idea we would be dealing with these issues a month before her due date, but here we are. :) The past few days have been a little better. It seems silly to write this, but I'm a little sad that my time with our family as we know it is ending. I know that Addie will be a wonderful addition and that she will fill my heart with the same unexplainable love, but today, before she's here, I am worried about missing out on my special Noah time. As the 5th out of 6 children, I know that a mother's love is indescribable and that there is always room for the love of another child. What I worry about is how to make sure that the first knows the extent of my love for him. Thankfully, in a few weeks I'll be too busy to worry about all of this and it'll likely just work.
Good luck Erin!! My friend and classmate from Cincinnati is being induced tomorrow morning. :)
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment