Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Addie-tude

Road trips are exhausting for us, in more ways than one. Noah has begun the "why?" game. He's curious about everything. If I begin talking, he interrupts and says, "Are you talking to Noah, mommy?" I have to clarify before even finishing my statement. He listens, regardless of who I am directing my words to, but doesn't usually like it. He prefers if everyone talks to him. (part of the self-centeredness of 3 years olds, I suppose)

On Monday, we were driving home from the mall. Addie needed new shoes since she's a maniac walker now. She was fitted at Stride-Rite, had her picture taken, and showed off her new skill of walking in her new pink shoes. A wonderful experience for everyone, except Noah. He had had enough of Addie getting all of the attention and started acting out a little, well- a lot.

By the time we got to the car, he was in trouble and close to losing his last TV show of the day. Recognizing that he needed a little attention, I prompted him to begin a "why?" game. He was still quite grouchy and reluctant to talk to me, so I said "Noah stop giving me attitude." To which he responded "What's Addie-tude?"

Danny and I had a good laugh and somehow, him being the one to cause us to laugh, lightened the mood for all of us. He has referred to his sister as "Addie-tude" since the car ride.

1 comment:

Erin said...

We went to stride rite and bought new shoes this weekend too! Great minds must think alike!