Monday, August 17, 2009

Night and Day....



That's the difference between Noah and Addie. Noah, was and continues to be, a very serious and thoughtful little boy. He is sensitive and caring. Just this morning he brought in his Mickey Mouse piggy bank and gave it to Danny. He said, "Here dad, I have 2 so you can have this one." He worries about others and their feelings. As a baby, he didn't smile on command, but when he did, his face lit up and I felt as though I had been given the best gift ever. He's a real gem. Addie, on the other hand, is a feisty little thing. She's determined and has done everything possible to keep up with her brother. She's on the go ALL the time. She smiles if you even glance at her. She's funny and silly and beautiful. She's definitely a mess-er. She loves to explore and take out whatever is in her way in the process. I left her for less than a minute the other day and when I returned, she had a mouth full of rocks from the fire place. She fought me tooth and nail when I tried to remove them, but ultimately smiled and laughed when the ordeal was over. She is rarely gentle; in fact, her daycare teacher said that Addie is the most aggressive eater she has ever had in the infant room. She's screaming for more before the spoon has even left her mouth. We tell her no, and she smiles. I remember telling Noah no when he was a little under 1 and he crumbled. He was so upset that he had done something to upset me.
Isn't it funny how two children from the same parents can be so different? And even more amazing is that they each have such wonderful little personalities. They both make me laugh, cry, feel overwhelmed and loved. I just read a friends blog and the gist was- why do we chose to become parents? Life was so easy before....I agree with her assessment though. Life was easier before children but my God, I can't imagine not having my little girl and guy. The little things that they do everyday makes me realize that even though I felt content before children, I was only content because I didn't know what I was missing.

No comments: